- Luke 10:17-19
- "And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."
- List of thunder gods
- In Hindu mythology, the god Indra is known as the god of lightning. His main weapon is the thunderbolt (Vajra).
- In Hittite and Hurrian mythology, a triple thunderbolt was one symbol of Teshub.
- In Greek mythology, the thunderbolt is a weapon given to Zeus by the Cyclops.
- In Roman mythology, the thunderbolt is a weapon given to Jupiter by the Cyclops.
- In Germanic mythology, Thor is specifically the god of thunder and lightning, wielding Mjolnir.
- In Maya mythology, Huracan is sometimes represented as three lightning bolts.
- In Cherokee mythology, the Ani Hyuntikwalaski ("thunder beings") cause lightning fire in a hollow sycamore tree.
- In Ojibway mythology, thunder is created by the Thunderbirds (Nimkiig or Binesiiwag), which can be both benevolent and malevolent to human beings.
- Non Logos
Mary, or a female figure representing the Roman Church, holds a lightning bolt in her hand in precisely the same way as it is carried by chief deities in the pagan mysteries. 
Zeus in Greek mythology is the king of the gods, the ruler of Mount Olympus and god of the sky and thunder. His symbols are the thunderbolt which he hurled at whoever displeased him, the eagle, the bull and the oak. Zeus is frequently envisaged by Greek artists in one of two poses: standing, striding forward, a thunderbolt leveled in his raised right hand, or seated in majesty. He was the son of Cronus and Rhea and the youngest of his siblings. He was married to Hera who was always very jealous of him while he is known for his erotic escapades, including one pederastic relationship with Ganymede.
Septimius Severus, 193 - 211 AD AE 29 of Anchialus, Thrace. Laureate head right / City gate with two towers, Zeus standing above holding scepter and thunderbolt. 
Sig runes on Hilter Youth trumpet flags.
United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)
- Two Thunderbolt: